Tuesday, April 5, 2011

what came of trying

I began this blog to be in the running for a scholarship to a conference, and the scholarship went to someone else.  I have to say that I am honestly not disappointed.  The scholarship went to a young woman who has an already-established area of ministry and whose service will be benefited by this opportunity.  

I, on the other hand, though willing to serve the LORD in any way that HE may choose, have no defined service or ministry outside of my home at this time.  So, while it would have been inspiring (and, yep, scary!) to attend a conference of hundreds of other women seeking to use their gifts for the glory of God, I also had a hesitation in that it could make it more difficult for me to see my place in this here and now.

And after all the pondering and the short period of waiting, it turns out that the desire I had felt was met in the trying.

First, there was the longing to create with words (you know the delight of a good stretch after a long period of stillness?).

Second, and much more importantly, it has been on my heart to share my story with you,

to proclaim the beauty of the Gospel,

to declare my nothingness and HIS greatness,

to recount the wondrous deeds of the LORD in my life and family.  

I am thankful that I was able to follow through and thankful that Jim encouraged me to do so.

I have been asked about my ambitions as a writer.  I don't really have any anymore.  I don't want to be like the servant who buried what was entrusted to him; however, neither do I want to seek my own life.  The LORD will guide me continually, giving me the work that HE wants me to do day by day - today it was pulling weeds, tonight it is paying the bills :) - and then equip me to do it.  "That in everything HE might be preeminent." Col. 1:18  (Thank you, Rachel, for encouraging us to memorize this!)

I'm honored that you have shared this experience with me.  Thank you for letting me share a bit of my heart with you.

And, if I'm feeling the need to stretch, or to speak in the assembly of the goodness of the LORD, you may be hearing from me.

2 comments:

  1. Well, by all means, DON'T be silent!

    Perhaps a challenge? Just something to think about, but don't over-analyze...what was your high point of today, and what was your low point? How did you make this determination? What does this reveal about yourself?

    "For what we proclaim is not ourselves, but Jesus Christ as Lord, with ourselves as your servants for Jesus' sake" (II Cor. 4:5).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your challenge, and I appreciate your encouragement!

    ReplyDelete