Saturday, May 28, 2011

jawlipops (aka jollypops)

A friend of mine told me that research has been done that proves that sugar has no real impact on children's behavior.


I was kind of excited to hear this, because historically we've been a bit of restrictive with our girls' treats, hoping to help keep emotions and behavior on an even keel.





Now, I believe in the scientific method and all, and I'm not saying the research was wrong.  







And I'm not saying my friend was wrong.






I guess I'm just saying that the study... 






... didn't include my kids!











Not pictured but present - one mama with a yellow, banana-flavored ring around her mouth (yep, mama's going bananas!) and a smile to match the girls'.  

Because, as they say, if you can't beat 'em (...hmmm), join 'em!

And the sweetest part of all was hearing, "Mama, you look like a kid.  Well, you look like a teenager."

Much nicer than the "you look like a chicken" and "you feel like a chicken" I received a few weeks ago!


2 comments:

  1. So I don't know if I was that friend...

    But there ARE studies to back this up!

    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/7474248 is one of them.

    Just so you know I'm not making it up because I'm from a sugar cane plantation or anything.

    And whoever is holding your girls (is that Jim?) is extremely brave. A pristine white shirt? Two girls with jumbo colored sugar bombs? The courage!!!

    I love these pics. They need to be blown up and hung next to the kitchen as summer decor.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I love your idea about blowing up the pictures and have been thinking how to do it.

    I hope you don't mind me teasing a little... :) I'm sure the research is quite valid; these pictures just had a different story to tell!

    ReplyDelete