Saturday, August 27, 2011

sand, sun, beach, fun

Cordelia insisted on bringing her t-shirt that reads "sand, sun, beach, fun," but I don't think she wore it.  With or without it, the week was full of the above.

Mom and Dad Sconyers generously planned a week for their children and their families to be together at Myrtle Beach.  I could see in Jim's sister Emily D and brother Paul the same intense satisfaction at being seaside as I know is in Jim (and his father).  I'm pretty sure Jim has saltwater running through his veins.

Here are some pics - not of our first day there - but of the first day I pulled out my camera (Tuesday?).  I had to wait some time for the camera to adjust to the warmth and humidity - my lens was fogged when I wanted to capture pictures of Mom Emily tossing a football with nephew Josh.

We found evenings after supper were the best time on the sand.  The crowds were thinned and the heat of the sun was past for the day.

Grace took to the beach like... a sandpiper.  That's what she reminded me of, running down to the water and back.

Paul and Sarah, celebrating their third anniversary, coming back from an evening stroll.

Grace and Cordelia watching their return.

Sarah and Paul

Mom Emily, Sarah, Emily D., Paul, and Jason - relaxing together.

Papa Jim playing with the boys - Ian and Josh.

Caroline fit in so well with our girls, I had trouble keeping track (one, two, three, four, no wait... five).

Grace practicing to be a marathon runner, and Cordelia practicing to be... a sulky runway model?  (She wanted to be in the pool).

The surf makes an excellent cover for girl talk.  Caroline and Gemma down by the water.

And a beach trip wouldn't be complete without dancing in the sand.  Caroline is a willing teacher and Gemma and Elian attentive students.

No comments:

Post a Comment